FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – A police SWAT team was called to a home in the 400 block of Fawn Meadow Drive, near the intersection of Interstate-35W and Garden Acres Drive, early Monday morning. According to authorities, police officers followed a stolen car to the home, and arrived to find several other stolen vehicles at that location.
The incident originally began at about 9:40 p.m. when a Buick Lucerne was reported stolen from west Fort Worth. Officers tracked the car to the home on Fawn Meadow Drive and arrested 28-year-old Jason Barnett for theft. During an investigation, officers discovered another two stolen vehicles — a motorcycle and a Vespa — at that location.
Police believe that the home was being used as a chop shop — a location where stolen vehicles are dismantled and sold off piece-by-piece or used for parts to repair other stolen cars.
Officers surrounded the home while a SWAT team conducted a search of the residence. The homeowner, identified by police as 29-year-old Christopher Spears, was also arrested for possession of stolen property, possession of a controlled substance and outstanding warrants.
In addition to Barnett and Spears, two other people were arrested at the home on unrelated warrants.
- Butler, Towns Lead T-Wolves Past Rockets 121-105 In Game 3
- Barbara Bush’s Granddaughter Gives Birth To Son
- Barbara Bush Eulogized As ‘First Lady Of The Greatest Generation’
- Texas School Apologizes After 8th Graders Asked To List Positives Of Slavery
- Verne Troyer, Best Known As Mini-Me In ‘Austin Powers,’ Dies At 49