HIGHLAND PARK (CBS 11 NEWS) – Police are searching for two suspects who robbed an elderly couple in the driveway of their Highland Park home.
The couple, Dr. Tom and Suzanne Dees, had just come back from dinner at the Dallas Country Club, when two suspects approached them in their driveway.
“Two individuals, both wearing dark clothing, ski top masks to cover their faces and one them immediately walked up to the female and put his hand on her shoulder and grabbed her purse,” said Sgt. Lance Koppa, public information officer for the Highland Park Police Department.
Police say the woman initially thought her sons may have been playing a joke on her and said, “Like hell I will.” She reached for the suspect’s mask at which point the suspect shoved her and took her purse, according to the police report.
At the same time, the second suspect had a knife up to the Dr. Dees chest and demanded his wallet and jewelry. The suspect threatened to stab him if he didn’t comply. Dr. Dee’s then said, “That’s enough of this ****!” and slammed his car door, the police report stated. The victim told police he believed the door must have hit the suspects hand because he said, “Ouch!”
The suspects then fled the scene.
Police say the woman’s iPhone was tracked to a Dallas apartment complex but they have no suspects in custody.
- Austin Bombings: Expert Concerned Bomber Has Gone From ‘Targeting Specific Individual’ To ‘I Just Want To Kill Someone’
- Dallas Unveils New Plan To Build Affordable Housing
- I-Team: Records Reveal Dozens Of Atmos Gas Leaks In Same Neighborhood Prior To Deadly House Explosion
- Recommendation By City Staff To Save Confederate War Memorial Upsets Some On Task Force
- Teen Who Used ‘Affluenza’ Defense Set For Release April 2