Louisville and Miami are ramping up efforts to avoid problems when it comes to football players signing autographs.
The Cardinals announced Monday that the planned autograph session at their upcoming Fan Day has been canceled, and the Hurricanes will only be permitting players to sign school-issued posters at their annual CanesFest event.
Both schools say the moves are being made because of ongoing concerns about college athletes and autograph sales. Reigning Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel is being investigated by the NCAA, with ESPN saying that probe revolves around whether the Texas A&M quarterback was paid for his autograph.
Louisville coach Charlie Strong is apologizing to fans, but calls the matter “a national problem.”
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Spokesperson: Christina Morris’ Family Hopes Final Resting Place Is In Allen
- Keenan Evans, Texas Tech Head To Sweet 16 After Win Over Florida
- Police: Gunman Kills Ex-Wife At California Mall, Wounds Self
- Police Investigating Murder At Garland Apartment Complex
- Cowboys Release CB Orlando Scandrick, Will Save $3 Million