Green Groups Give Cruz Climate Denier Award
Get Breaking News First
AUSTIN (AP) - A coalition of environmental groups has given U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz and other Republican politicians an award for denying climate change.
Texas chapters of the Sierra Club, the League of Conservation Voters, Public Citizen and Environment Texas made the announcement Tuesday in front of federal building in Austin.
The group criticized Cruz for rejecting the existence of man-made climate change, despite the findings of the overwhelming majority of climate scientists. Cruz has opposed new environmental regulations intended to fight climate change saying the science is not conclusive and the laws would hurt the economy.
Director of Environment Texas Luke Metzger called Cruz’s position “grossly irresponsible.”
Cruz has recently proposed shutting down the federal government to prevent implementation of the Affordable Care Act and fueled speculation of a 2016 presidential bid.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- State Fair Of Texas Pays ‘Above Average’ Legal Bills
- Dallas Cowboys’ DeMarco Murray Joins Elite Company to Start 2014 NFL Season
- Details On Ebola Patient’s Arrival In Texas & Current Condition
- Ebola Fight – CDC Members Begin Arriving In North Texas
- Community Shocked By Ebola Case; Not Panicked