AUSTIN (AP) – A coalition of environmental groups has given U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz and other Republican politicians an award for denying climate change.
Texas chapters of the Sierra Club, the League of Conservation Voters, Public Citizen and Environment Texas made the announcement Tuesday in front of federal building in Austin.
The group criticized Cruz for rejecting the existence of man-made climate change, despite the findings of the overwhelming majority of climate scientists. Cruz has opposed new environmental regulations intended to fight climate change saying the science is not conclusive and the laws would hurt the economy.
Director of Environment Texas Luke Metzger called Cruz’s position “grossly irresponsible.”
Cruz has recently proposed shutting down the federal government to prevent implementation of the Affordable Care Act and fueled speculation of a 2016 presidential bid.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Anonymous Labor Of Love For Grieving Families
- Security Tightens For U2 Concert At AT&T Stadium
- Gov. Abbott Pressuring House, Senate To Pass Bathroom Bill
- Frisco Named Second-Fastest Growing City In America
- McKinney Named As One Of Fastest Growing Cities In Country