IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) – Irving police were called to a home after reports that a suspect was shot in a home invasion.
When officers responded to the house in the 2100 block of Cochran Street a resident claimed to have confronted a burglar in his home and shot the person.
Police said after further investigation they learned the resident suffers from mental health issues. There was never an intruder or shots fired.
The resident was taken to the hospital for a mental evaluation.
- GREAT VIDEO: Bear Cub Climbs Ladder To Reunite With Mom
- Teens Kept At Virginia Center Say They Were Cuffed, Beaten
- OPEC Enters Meeting That Could Set Direction Of Oil Prices
- New Evidence That Viruses May Play A Role In Alzheimer’s
- First Lady Visits Migrant Children At Texas Detention Center