IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) – Irving police were called to a home after reports that a suspect was shot in a home invasion.
When officers responded to the house in the 2100 block of Cochran Street a resident claimed to have confronted a burglar in his home and shot the person.
Police said after further investigation they learned the resident suffers from mental health issues. There was never an intruder or shots fired.
The resident was taken to the hospital for a mental evaluation.
- Roofing Legislation Calls For Voluntary Certification System
- New Cardiac ICU Opens At Cook Children’s Hospital
- Semi Tractor Thief Apprehended After Chase
- Mansfield City Council Discusses Alcohol Sales Near Legacy High
- Passers-By Help Dallas County Deputy With Flat Tire