Manziel Mess Clouds Start Of Aggies Season
HOUSTON (AP) – This was supposed to be a season full of promise for the Texas A&M Aggies after they finished 11-2 in their first SEC season.
Instead they’re in limbo with Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel under an NCAA investigation after allegedly being paid to sign autographs.
The quarterback threw for more than 3,000 yards and added more than 1,000 on the ground last year to become the first freshman to win the Heisman.
He then spent the offseason making headlines for immature antics off the field. But none of those mistakes could have jeopardized his career. Reports of his most recent transgressions, if proven true, could keep him off the field and completely change the complexion of Texas A&M’s upcoming season.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Closing Birdie for Spieth To Share Colonial 1st-Round Lead
- DFW Airport Predicts Record Summer
- Bridge To Businesses A No-Go So Far At Joe Pool Lake
- Major Cancer Breakthrough Brewing At Baylor
- West Nile Virus Back In North Texas