FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – A serial robbery suspect barricaded himself inside of an apartment complex early Tuesday morning, leading to a police standoff in south Fort Worth. The incident took place at the Pepper Tree Apartments, located along Sheridan Road, just south of Altamesa Boulevard.
Police said that the man was probably armed, but had no hostages. Several nearby apartment units were evacuated as a precaution, while a police SWAT team was called in to address the situation. The standoff ended peacefully with no injuries.
That suspect was taken into custody and is being interviewed by robbery detectives. Two additional females were also detained in relation to the robbery investigation, and are also being questioned by authorities. Police have not released the names of the arrested individuals, or said what charges any of them could face.
- Barnes, Matthews Power Mavs Past Bulls 107-82
- City Leaders To Hear Recommendations Of Dallas Commission On Homelessness
- DeSoto Community Reacts To Delayed Parade Due To Football
- Fort Worth Symphony Musicians And Management Reach Tentative Agreement
- No. 14 West Virginia Beats Baylor 24-21 To Get To 10 Wins