Arlington Man Charged With Child Sex Abuse Commits Suicide
Get Breaking News First
CLEBURNE (AP) — Authorities say a jailed North Texas man awaiting trial on a child sex abuse charge has committed suicide.
The Johnson County Sheriff’s Office says Texas Rangers will help investigate the death of 50-year-old Jay Thomas Morgan of Arlington. A coroner’s report Wednesday listed the cause of death as hanging.
Morgan was arrested July 31 on a charge of aggravated sexual assault of child/continued abuse of a young child.
Sheriff Bob Alford says Morgan on Monday committed suicide at the Johnson County Law Enforcement Center in Cleburne.
Capt. Michael Gilbert said he had no additional information Wednesday on the investigation.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Rookie Lawrence Out With Broken Foot
- Member Of ‘Swatting’ Ring Pleads Guilty In Texas
- Woman Appeals Ruling On Texas Affirmative Action
- 2 Baylor Students Killed In Car Crash
- Prime Prep Academy Faces Appeal Deadline