Arlington Man Charged With Child Sex Abuse Commits Suicide
Get Breaking News First
CLEBURNE (AP) — Authorities say a jailed North Texas man awaiting trial on a child sex abuse charge has committed suicide.
The Johnson County Sheriff’s Office says Texas Rangers will help investigate the death of 50-year-old Jay Thomas Morgan of Arlington. A coroner’s report Wednesday listed the cause of death as hanging.
Morgan was arrested July 31 on a charge of aggravated sexual assault of child/continued abuse of a young child.
Sheriff Bob Alford says Morgan on Monday committed suicide at the Johnson County Law Enforcement Center in Cleburne.
Capt. Michael Gilbert said he had no additional information Wednesday on the investigation.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Musicians + Sports: Linkin Park On The Lakers, Suns And NBA Playoffs
- Strong Makes Texas Debut With Spring Scrimmage
- NCAA Could Force Hardship Transfers To Sit 1 Year
- Police Activity In Area Causes Lockdown At Euless Trinity HS
- Power Outage Affecting Plano City Hall