CLEBURNE (AP) — Authorities say a jailed North Texas man awaiting trial on a child sex abuse charge has committed suicide.
The Johnson County Sheriff’s Office says Texas Rangers will help investigate the death of 50-year-old Jay Thomas Morgan of Arlington. A coroner’s report Wednesday listed the cause of death as hanging.
Morgan was arrested July 31 on a charge of aggravated sexual assault of child/continued abuse of a young child.
Sheriff Bob Alford says Morgan on Monday committed suicide at the Johnson County Law Enforcement Center in Cleburne.
Capt. Michael Gilbert said he had no additional information Wednesday on the investigation.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Special Needs Families Ask For Patience During The Holidays
- Arlington ISD Parents Upset With Next Year’s School Start Date
- Dallas Cowboys Week 14 Injury Report: Darren McFadden Nearing Return
- Aspiring Television Pros From Prosper High To Meet Stephen Colbert
- Post-Election, Trump Closes Companies Tied To Saudi Arabia