CLEBURNE (AP) — Authorities say a jailed North Texas man awaiting trial on a child sex abuse charge has committed suicide.
The Johnson County Sheriff’s Office says Texas Rangers will help investigate the death of 50-year-old Jay Thomas Morgan of Arlington. A coroner’s report Wednesday listed the cause of death as hanging.
Morgan was arrested July 31 on a charge of aggravated sexual assault of child/continued abuse of a young child.
Sheriff Bob Alford says Morgan on Monday committed suicide at the Johnson County Law Enforcement Center in Cleburne.
Capt. Michael Gilbert said he had no additional information Wednesday on the investigation.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- State Rep. Wants To End Incentives For Film Industry In Wake Of Weinstein Revelations
- Passionate Arguments On Future Of Confederate Monuments In Dallas
- Judge HR Sparks NY, Yanks Beat Astros 6-4 To Even ALCS At 2
- Celebrate 20 Years Of Dirk!
- Football Game Cancelled After Head-On Crash Involving School Bus