CLEBURNE (AP) — Authorities say a jailed North Texas man awaiting trial on a child sex abuse charge has committed suicide.
The Johnson County Sheriff’s Office says Texas Rangers will help investigate the death of 50-year-old Jay Thomas Morgan of Arlington. A coroner’s report Wednesday listed the cause of death as hanging.
Morgan was arrested July 31 on a charge of aggravated sexual assault of child/continued abuse of a young child.
Sheriff Bob Alford says Morgan on Monday committed suicide at the Johnson County Law Enforcement Center in Cleburne.
Capt. Michael Gilbert said he had no additional information Wednesday on the investigation.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Odom Gets Probation For DUI Charge
- Power Mostly Restored After DFW Ice Storm
- Texas Instruments Narrows Q4 Outlook
- Icy Roads Improving, But Still Dangerous
- Cousins Powers Kings Past Mavs 112-97