DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM)- A Dallas woman is facing felony charges after police discovered her dead dog in her apartment garage. Police were called to Briana Burkowski’s apartment complex to investigate a foul odor coming from her rented garage. There they found the body of a deceased Saint Bernard.
The 20-year-old told police when the dog died she wrapped him up in a blanket and left him in the garage because he was too heavy to move.
A neighbor told police the dog died because Burkowski did not give it enough shelter, food, and water.
Burkowski could serve up to two years in prison if she is convicted of felony animal cruelty charges.
- Bears Beat Cowboys 45-28 On Ditka Day
- Steve Stockman Challenges Cornyn In U.S. Senate Race
- Falling Ice the New Threat From Winter Weather
- CBS 11 iTeam: Where Were The Mayors?
- North Texas ISD’s Decide To Open Or Not To Open