Dallas Woman Stored Dead Dog In Garage, Charged With Animal Cruelty
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM)- A Dallas woman is facing felony charges after police discovered her dead dog in her apartment garage. Police were called to Briana Burkowski’s apartment complex to investigate a foul odor coming from her rented garage. There they found the body of a deceased Saint Bernard.
The 20-year-old told police when the dog died she wrapped him up in a blanket and left him in the garage because he was too heavy to move.
A neighbor told police the dog died because Burkowski did not give it enough shelter, food, and water.
Burkowski could serve up to two years in prison if she is convicted of felony animal cruelty charges.
- Rangers Rally To Win In Oakland, 5-4
- Residents Respond To Findings In West Fertilizer Blast Report
- Cities Deal With Ice Storm Debt After FEMA Denies Claims
- Number Of Teens Smoking Alcohol On The Rise
- Seniors Celebrate Earth Day By Gardening