Dallas Woman Stored Dead Dog In Garage, Charged With Animal Cruelty
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM)- A Dallas woman is facing felony charges after police discovered her dead dog in her apartment garage. Police were called to Briana Burkowski’s apartment complex to investigate a foul odor coming from her rented garage. There they found the body of a deceased Saint Bernard.
The 20-year-old told police when the dog died she wrapped him up in a blanket and left him in the garage because he was too heavy to move.
A neighbor told police the dog died because Burkowski did not give it enough shelter, food, and water.
Burkowski could serve up to two years in prison if she is convicted of felony animal cruelty charges.
- Gas Prices Across Texas Go Up By A Penny
- Lieutenant Governor Wants Texas Lawmakers To Focus On Religious Liberty
- DPD Officer At Donut Shop Witnesses Robbery, Catches 1 Suspect
- Martin Perez To Start Game 3 For Texas Rangers
- Poll: How Far Will The Rangers Go?