FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – If anyone knows about being suspended by the NCAA for something reasonably stupid, it is Dallas Cowboys wideout Dez Bryant. Bryant was suspended after lying to the NCAA about working out with and visiting Deion Sanders.
And Bryant said that he’d be “mad” if the NCAA ends up not suspending Johnny Manziel — reportedly under investigation for getting paid to sign autographs — for possible transgressions.
“Hell yeah, I’ll be mad,” Bryant stated. “I will be mad. But I don’t want him to get suspended. I will be mad more at the NCAA on how they do things. I just feel like it’s not fair. This is something I have no problem talking about because I feel like somebody needs to say something to him and let it be known how they treat people is not right.”
Bryant’s beef isn’t necessarily with Manziel, as he noted above. It’s with an NCAA process that he clearly disagrees with.
- Hazardous Materials Released In 4-Alarm Houston Warehouse Fire
- Texas A&M Coach Apologizes For Tweets Critical Of Player’s Reversal
- Cruz’s White House Run Could Mean Newfound Clout
- Jerry Jones: Jaylon Smith Won’t Go On IR, Hope Lawrence Gets Suspension Reduced
- Talladega Won’t Be NASCAR Elimination Race In 2017