From Dallas Cowboys
Cowboys CentralShop for Cowboys Gear
Buy Cowboys Tickets
OXNARD, Calif. (AP) – Jerry Jones has some good news for the California training home of his Dallas Cowboys as they prepare to break camp.
The owner wants to keep coming back even after the opening of a Texas facility that could easily replace Oxnard.
Jones says getting ready for the season on the West Coast is something the Cowboys “ought to be doing.” Dallas has held training camp in Southern California off and on for 50 years.
The new headquarters and training facility for the Cowboys is expected to open in 2016 in Frisco.
The Cowboys will be in Oxnard next year, and Jones says the team is “working right now” on extending that contract.
Dallas breaks this year’s camp Friday.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Cancelled Dallas Marathon Donates Unused Food
- Dallas Native, Golf Pro Given “Key To The City”
- Pope Francis Is Time’s Person of the Year, Texas Senator Makes Top Five
- Death Penalty Upheld In Fort Worth Slaying
- Hunt Hill Bridge Open Again, After Falling Ice Shuts It Down