OXNARD, Calif. (AP) – Jerry Jones has some good news for the California training home of his Dallas Cowboys as they prepare to break camp.
The owner wants to keep coming back even after the opening of a Texas facility that could easily replace Oxnard.
Jones says getting ready for the season on the West Coast is something the Cowboys “ought to be doing.” Dallas has held training camp in Southern California off and on for 50 years.
The new headquarters and training facility for the Cowboys is expected to open in 2016 in Frisco.
The Cowboys will be in Oxnard next year, and Jones says the team is “working right now” on extending that contract.
Dallas breaks this year’s camp Friday.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Prince Is Being Added To The Apollo Theater’s Walk Of Fame
- Jim Nantz On Wells Fargo Championship: ‘Has A Big-Time Feel To It’
- Kasich Dropping Out Of Republican Presidential Race
- NFL Warns Players About Eating Steroid Tainted Meat
- Big Rig Crash Blocks Fort Worth Highway For Hours