More Charges Against Fatal Shooting Suspect
Get Breaking News First
DESOTO (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — The former special education teacher accused of fatally shooting four women and injuring four children is facing additional charges filed by Desoto Police.
Erbie Bowser, 44, has been charged with two counts of injury to a child, according to DeSoto police Cpl. Melissa Franks. Authorities say he shot an 11-year-old and 13-year-old in the same DeSoto home where he killed his estranged wife and her daughter. He’s already been charged with two counts of capital murder in the Aug. 7 attack. Police say the children will recover.
The DeSoto killings were preceded the same night by another shooting just miles away at a Dallas home. Authorities say Bowser killed his girlfriend and her daughter, and wounded a 17-year-old and 14-year-old. He’s facing multiple charges in that attack.
Bowser could also potentially face federal charges for his use of an explosive device used to gain entry into the DeSoto home. ATF agents are analyzing evidence taken from inside the home to determine what kind of device was used.
- City Considers Charging To Surrender Pets At Shelter
- Ferguson, Missouri Cops Start Wearing Body Cameras
- Large Emotional Crowd Gathers To Remember Six Killed In Crash
- Buyers & Renters In The Hunt For North Texas Housing
- Rick Perry Joins List Of Political Social Media “Fails”