SARAJEVO (AP) — Jozy Altidore scored a hat trick to lead an impressive comeback for the U.S. men, who scored all their goals in the second half Wednesday and beat Bosnia-Herzegovina 4-3 in Sarajevo and extend their record winning streak to 12 games.
Eddie Johnson had the other goal for the Americans, who have the world’s longest active winning streak.
That streak appeared to be in jeopardy when the Americans fell behind 2-0 before halftime. But Altidore set up Johnson’s goal in the 55th minute, then scored his own four minutes later. He added two more in the 84th and 86th minutes, setting off raucous celebrations for the U.S.
Edin Dzeko scored his second goal in the 90th minute. But it wasn’t enough for the 13th-ranked Dragons.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Dez Bryant: I Promise You I’m Going To Shut A Lot Of People Up
- Dallas Cowboys To Receive 4 Compensatory Picks In 2018 Draft
- Keidel: Who Does Deontay Wilder Need To Fight?
- College Basketball Games of the Week: Kansas, Texas Tech Clash At Top Of Big 12
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: All Basketball, All The Time