FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – An Arlington man has been sentenced to life prison for beating his girlfriend’s infant daughter to death because she would not stop crying.
It only took the jury 10 minutes to decide 27-year-old Austin Crawford’s fate after convicting him of murder. Prosecutors say Crawford was watching 10-month old Kaylee Miller while her mother was at work on December 29, 2011.
Police say Crawford and his girlfriend found the baby blue and unresponsive when they woke up the next morning. Crawford later told police the baby was crying and he shook her to get her to stop. However, a coroner determined the infant had been hit four or five times in the head with or against an object.
Crawford must serve 30 years in prison before he’s eligible for parole.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Austin Bombings: Expert Concerned Bomber Has Gone From ‘Targeting Specific Individual’ To ‘I Just Want To Kill Someone’
- Dallas Unveils New Plan To Build Affordable Housing
- I-Team: Records Reveal Dozens Of Atmos Gas Leaks In Same Neighborhood Prior To Deadly House Explosion
- Recommendation By City Staff To Save Confederate War Memorial Upsets Some On Task Force
- Teen Who Used ‘Affluenza’ Defense Set For Release April 2