BEDFORD (CBSDFW.COM) – An apartment fire in Bedford led officials to an unusual discovery — snakes.
The one-alarm fire started at about 2:30 a.m. at the Pecan Creek Apartments along Central Drive. The flames were quickly tapped out after firefighters arrived, but emergency crews then discovered more than 20 ball python snakes inside of the burned apartment. About a dozen of the snakes had died.
An animal control officer on the scene said that it is against city code to keep that many snakes inside of an apartment. Officials said that a woman who lived in the apartment unit was keeping the snakes for her son, while he prepared to move.
No people were hurt in the blaze. Officials did not say what may have caused the fire in the first place.
- Report: Chris Paul To Be Traded To Rockets
- After 2018 In NYC, Grammys Go Back To LA In 2019
- Rob Gronkowski Sneaks Into Texas HS Football Stadium For Workout
- Ford Recalls Big Vans; Cracked Coupling Can Cause Power Loss
- Texas Man Gets 30-Year Prison Sentence For 11th DWI