Tuesday Morning Closes Online Business
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Tuesday Morning has dropped the “e” from its commerce.
The Dallas-based closeout retailer quietly shut down its online shopping site last month. The purpose was to focus better on business for its more than 800 physical stores. The company said the nature of its business, which involves a constantly rotating array of housewares, clothing, luggage and more, is better suited for in-person shopping.
While it seems like an unlikely move in an increasingly online-focused world, some industry experts say it may be for the best.
Tuesday Morning, like many discount retailers, says the secret to their popularity is a “treasure hunt” atmosphere. Shoppers enjoy finding and seizing on unexpected deals, and experts say this kind of impulse purchase focus is hard to replicate online.
The company also faces tough competition from Overstock.com, Amazon, Ebay and online shopping club and flash sites that focus solely on online sales.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman Claims She Was Fired From Starbucks During Cancer Struggle
- Pregnant Patron Recounts Narrow Escape After SUV Slams Into Building
- Following 18-Hour Debate, Texas Budget Battle Has Only Begun
- Methodist Dallas Hospital Helps Their Own Get Healthy
- Nearly 30 ATM Thefts & Attempted Thefts In Dallas This Year