NEW YORK (CBSDFW.COM/CBS NEWS) – “60 Minutes” has learned that members of the New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez’s inner circle in February obtained and leaked documents that implicated Milwaukee Brewers slugger Ryan Braun as well as his own Yankees teammate, catcher Francisco Cervelli, in the doping scandal that has enveloped Major League Baseball.
The leak came just days after the weekly newspaper Miami New Times published documents in January detailing Rodriguez’s pervasive use of performance enhancing drugs.
The handwritten documents of Anthony Bosch, the key witness in MLB’s PED investigation, revealed comprehensive doping regimens that Bosch had engineered for a host of professional athletes. His cooperation with the MLB has resulted in the suspension of Rodriguez and 13 other major league players, including Texas Rangers outfielder Nelson Cruz.
Braun and Cervelli’s names were redacted in the Miami New Times documents. Members from Rodriguez’s camp, at the time, had obtained unredacted versions and leaked them to Yahoo! Sports, according to two sources with direct knowledge of the matter. Those unredacted documents also implicated Danny Valencia of the Baltimore Orioles, who the MLB later investigated and cleared.
- Police Officers Drop The Puck To Raise Money For Child Fighting Terminal Disease
- School Threats Increasing In North Texas Since Florida School Shooting
- Dallas Mayor Calls Out Judges To Do Better Job At Taking Away Abuser’s Guns
- Nearly 2 Dozen Homes Flooded Near Rockwall Lake
- Dez Bryant: I Promise You I’m Going To Shut A Lot Of People Up