Bedford Library Joins Battle Against E-Book Publishers
BEDFORD (KRLD’S YOUR HOMETOWN) — The Bedford Public Library has joined more than two dozen others in a growing battle with e-book publishers.
In the past, libraries got a deep discount on hardcover books, but that has ended in the digital age.
The Bedford Public Library has joined a consortium of 25 libraries who are now sharing e-books to reduce costs.
Chuck Schechner talked to Bedford Library Manager Maria Redburn about the growing problem.
- Non-Profit Joins Fight Against Ebola Outbreak, Sends Supplies
- Hurting Dallas Cowboys Adding 2 Defensive Linemen
- Cedar Hill Officer Says Being Burned Was A Blessing
- FWISD Reports Nearly $40 Million Overpayment From State
- Living Large: The Dallas White House
- Airline Reservation System Back Up After Failure
- George Zimmerman Stopped For Speeding In North Texas
- 4 Dead & 4 Wounded In 2 Related DFW Shootings
- PHOTOS: Local Mugshots
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures