The Original County Seat Of Tarrant County
BIRDVILLE (KRLD’S YOUR HOMETOWN) – It may surprise you to learn that Fort Worth was not the first county seat of Tarrant County. A town called Birdville was. You may have heard of Birdville ISD, which is essentially where Birdville was, and is.
KRLD’s Emily Trube tells the story of how Tarrant came to be.
Tarrant County Archivist Dawn Youngblood has helped to catalogue the very beginnings of Tarrant County, which was carved out of Navarro County in the late 1840’s. The Tarrant County Archives in downtown Fort Worth has exhibits on a regular basis.
The Birdville Museum is run by Betty Porter and is located in the Shannon Learning Center in Haltom City.
- Silver Alert Issued For Missing Fort Worth Senior
- Secret Services Face Criticism After Texas Intruder Jumps Fence
- Duncanville Man Dies In Fatal Dallas Single Car Crash
- Water Main Break Floods Dallas Church
- 5 Ways Tom Brady’s Life Could Have Panned Out
- Airline Reservation System Back Up After Failure
- George Zimmerman Stopped For Speeding In North Texas
- 4 Dead & 4 Wounded In 2 Related DFW Shootings
- PHOTOS: Local Mugshots
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures