BIRDVILLE (KRLD’S YOUR HOMETOWN) — It may surprise you to learn that Fort Worth was not the first county seat of Tarrant County. A town called Birdville was. You may have heard of Birdville ISD, which is essentially where Birdville was, and is.
KRLD’s Emily Trube tells the story of how Tarrant came to be.
Tarrant County Archivist Dawn Youngblood has helped to catalogue the very beginnings of Tarrant County, which was carved out of Navarro County in the late 1840’s. The Tarrant County Archives in downtown Fort Worth has exhibits on a regular basis.
The Birdville Museum is run by Betty Porter and is located in the Shannon Learning Center in Haltom City.
- Bugs Butchering Nation’s Forests
- Biden Not Planning On 2020 Presidential Bid, But Will ‘Never Say Never’
- Early Morning Fort Worth House Fire Injures One
- Chipotle Co-CEO Criticizes Service At Half Of Its Locations
- Country Rebel Sturgill Simpson Awed By Grammy Nom
- Airline Reservation System Back Up After Failure
- George Zimmerman Stopped For Speeding In North Texas
- 4 Dead & 4 Wounded In 2 Related DFW Shootings
- PHOTOS: Local Mugshots
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures