BIRDVILLE (KRLD’S YOUR HOMETOWN) — It may surprise you to learn that Fort Worth was not the first county seat of Tarrant County. A town called Birdville was. You may have heard of Birdville ISD, which is essentially where Birdville was, and is.
KRLD’s Emily Trube tells the story of how Tarrant came to be.
Tarrant County Archivist Dawn Youngblood has helped to catalogue the very beginnings of Tarrant County, which was carved out of Navarro County in the late 1840’s. The Tarrant County Archives in downtown Fort Worth has exhibits on a regular basis.
The Birdville Museum is run by Betty Porter and is located in the Shannon Learning Center in Haltom City.
- Senate Votes To Undo Privacy Rules That Protect User Data
- Virgin America Will Be The Latest Airline Brand To Disappear
- FCC: Over 12,000 911 Calls Failed During AT&T Outage
- Virgin America Airline Brand To Disappear
- Utah Governor Says He Will Approve Strictest DUI Limit In US
- Airline Reservation System Back Up After Failure
- George Zimmerman Stopped For Speeding In North Texas
- 4 Dead & 4 Wounded In 2 Related DFW Shootings
- PHOTOS: Local Mugshots
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures