Carrollton Schools Locked Down While Police Search For Suspect
Updated 12:35 p.m.
All schools are back to Code Green status, according to Pam Pena from Carrollton-FB ISD. Police continue to search for a suspect.
CARROLLTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Four Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD schools have been placed on lockdown as Carrollton Police search for an armed suspect.
Police say the suspect has a handgun and has kicked in a fence at a home. The search is happening near the 1900 block of East Crosby Road.
McLaughlin-Strickland Elementary, DeWitt Perry Middle School and Central Elementary School are on code red lockdown. No students are in those schools, but some teachers are in the buildings setting up classrooms. They have been told to get in a locked room and stay out of sight.
R.L. Turner High School is on code yellow lockdown, where teachers are in classrooms and about 300 freshman are attending orientation.
- Property Values Way Up In North Texas
- Abbott Signs Pre-K Boost, But Work Remains For Republicans
- Drones Help Parker County Scope Out Flood Damage
- Hamilton Homecoming: 2010 AL MVP Back In Texas On Home Team
- Texas Company Needs OK From Landowners To Build Pipeline