Texas Unemployment Rate Remains Steady
AUSTIN (AP) – The latest job numbers show the Texas unemployment rate has remained virtually flat so far through the year.
The Texas Workforce Commission on Friday said the July unemployment rate shows it’s remained unchanged for the third consecutive month at 6.5 percent. Over the prior three months the rate stood at 6.4 percent and in January was 6.3 percent.
Nationally, unemployment for July was 7.4 percent, a slight drop from the 7.6 percent rate recorded the prior month.
State officials say the Texas economy added 19,900 nonfarming jobs in July, for a total of 293,000 positions added since July 2012.
Midland had the state’s lowest unemployment rate in July at 3.5 percent. The highest was in the McAllen-Edinburg-Mission area at 11.3 percent.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Property Values Way Up In North Texas
- Abbott Signs Pre-K Boost, But Work Remains For Republicans
- Drones Help Parker County Scope Out Flood Damage
- Hamilton Homecoming: 2010 AL MVP Back In Texas On Home Team
- Texas Company Needs OK From Landowners To Build Pipeline