ADDISON (CBSDFW.COM) – A Cessna plane made a belly landing in Addison on Sunday. It happened just after 11 a.m. at the Addison Municipal Airport.
The plane skidded onto the runway after the pilot was unable to deploy the plane’s landing gear, according to the Addison Fire Department.
Neither the instructor or student pilot on board were injured.
Airport crews cleared the runway; towing the crippled aircraft into a hangar.
The Federal Aviation Administration was alerted and an investigation into why the landing gear didn’t work is ongoing.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Jones Hits 3 With 1.8 Left, Texas Beats Oklahoma 84-83
- Fort Worth Targeting Aggressive Panhandlers
- Men Survive Avalanche; Take Selfies Waiting For Help
- Man Arrested In Fort Worth For Sexual Assault Of A Child
- Senate Confirms Trump’s Pick To Run The CIA
- Airline Reservation System Back Up After Failure
- George Zimmerman Stopped For Speeding In North Texas
- 4 Dead & 4 Wounded In 2 Related DFW Shootings
- PHOTOS: Local Mugshots
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures