Small Plane Makes Hard Landing At Addison Airport
Get Breaking News First
ADDISON (CBSDFW.COM) - A Cessna plane made a belly landing in Addison on Sunday. It happened just after 11 a.m. at the Addison Municipal Airport.
The plane skidded onto the runway after the pilot was unable to deploy the plane’s landing gear, according to the Addison Fire Department.
Neither the instructor or student pilot on board were injured.
Airport crews cleared the runway; towing the crippled aircraft into a hangar.
The Federal Aviation Administration was alerted and an investigation into why the landing gear didn’t work is ongoing.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Jerry Jones: Josh Brent Out Of Rehab, NFL Question Next
- Friends Join Church Members To Pray For Texas Doctor With Ebola
- North Texas Tax Office Adopts ‘In God We Trust’ Motto
- Amid Wailing Sirens, North Texas Teen Makes Connection In Israel
- Perry: America Must End ‘Ambivalence’ On Israel
- Airline Reservation System Back Up After Failure
- George Zimmerman Stopped For Speeding In North Texas
- 4 Dead & 4 Wounded In 2 Related DFW Shootings
- PHOTOS: Local Mugshots
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures