CBS 11 Header TXA 21 Header MeTV Header KRLD Header The Fan Header
Two Great Apps: CBS DFW Weather App: iPhone App Store | Android App Coming Oct | Download
                                   CBS Local App: The Latest From CBS DFW On Your Device | iOS & Android | Download
                                   -Including Breaking News Notifications, Audio and Video from CBS DFW

Local

Contractors Severely Burned In NRH House Fire

(credit: KTVT/KTXA) Arezow Doost
Arezow is thrilled to be back in North Texas after years ...
Read More

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

From Our CBS Music Web Sites

186152214 Contractors Severely Burned In NRH House FireJIM GAFFIGAN, "My kids have never eaten Hot Pockets

181572784 8 Contractors Severely Burned In NRH House FireFunny Faced Cheerleaders

 alt=Musicians Then And Now

455079896 Contractors Severely Burned In NRH House FireWATCH: Iggy Azalea & JLO's Booty Battle

 alt=Remembering Jimi Hendrix 44 Years Later

cowb thumb Contractors Severely Burned In NRH House FireCowboys Cheerleaders

NORTH RICHLAND HILLS (CBSDFW.COM) – Three contractors were severely burned while working on a home in the 8000 block of Arlie Lane in North Richland Hills.

Fire crews responded to the fire around 9:30 Monday morning after neighbors reported hearing a loud boom.

“From my understanding they were working with lacquer thinner and working on the flooring in a back bedroom,” explained North Richland Hills Assistant Fire Chief Kyle McAfee. “The vapors were right, and the atmosphere was right, and it caught an ignition source and it flashed on them and they were burned.”

At least two of the workers suffered severe burns over 80 percent of their bodies. They were airlifted to Parkland Hospital. The condition of a third worker, who was transported by ground to Parkland, is unknown.

McAfee says the workers were able to find water immediately after getting out of the burning home.

“They exited the rear of the structure. Two of them jumped in the swimming pool and extinguished themselves, and one came around to the front yard and began hosing himself off with a garden hose. The two were still in the swimming pool on the first fire crews arrival.”

McAfee says the homeowner was not home at the time of the fire. Only the contractors were inside.

Latest News:

Top Trending: