AUSTIN (AP) – Sen. Ted Cruz is touring the state this week holding meetings with Republican and tea party groups.
The freshman senator from Texas will start in Kingwood and Conroe on Monday, with visits to Houston, Dallas and Central Texas by Thursday.
Cruz will be meeting mostly with GOP and conservative groups, but will also hold round-table discussion with business people. Congress is on its summer break, giving lawmakers a chance to return home for Washington to check-in with supporters.
Cruz has made national headlines suggesting that the Republicans in Congress shut down the federal government to stop implementation of President Barack Obama’s signature health care overhaul, the Affordable Care Act.
Congress has abysmal approval ratings, and polls suggest that most voters want compromise. But conservative groups have avidly backed Cruz’s effort.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No Winner Last Night, Powerball Jackpot Now At $478 Million
- Cowboys Draft Pick Dak Prescott Acquitted Of Mississippi DUI
- Dallas Police Locate Missing Mentally Diminished Man With Health Problems
- Democratic Donors, Allies Offer Reward For Trump Tax Returns
- Warren Sapp Bitten By Shark During Florida Keys Lobster Trip