Cruz Holding Meetings Across Texas
AUSTIN (AP) - Sen. Ted Cruz is touring the state this week holding meetings with Republican and tea party groups.
The freshman senator from Texas will start in Kingwood and Conroe on Monday, with visits to Houston, Dallas and Central Texas by Thursday.
Cruz will be meeting mostly with GOP and conservative groups, but will also hold round-table discussion with business people. Congress is on its summer break, giving lawmakers a chance to return home for Washington to check-in with supporters.
Cruz has made national headlines suggesting that the Republicans in Congress shut down the federal government to stop implementation of President Barack Obama’s signature health care overhaul, the Affordable Care Act.
Congress has abysmal approval ratings, and polls suggest that most voters want compromise. But conservative groups have avidly backed Cruz’s effort.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Plan To Decriminalize Truancy Headed For Full Texas Senate
- UNT Student Hopes PTSD Victim Memorial ‘Takes Root’
- Mother Arrested For Child Abandonment Was Childcare Professional
- Residents Troubled By Dangerous Crosswalk After Mother & Child Struck
- Feds Appeal Texas Judge’s Rule Change Blocking Gay-Couple’s Medical Benefits