New 6.3-Inch Samsung Phone Approaches Tablet Size
NEW YORK (AP) – Smartphones are getting bigger as people use them more to watch movies and play games. A new one from Samsung is beyond big.
With a screen measuring 6.3 inches diagonally, the Galaxy Mega is almost as big as a 7-inch tablet computer. The difference: it makes phone calls. Samsung says the Mega is a hybrid that combines the portability of a smartphone with the immersive experience that a tablet offers for movies, books, music and games.
Samsung Electronics Co. is known for big phones. Its flagship Galaxy S4 is 5 inches, while the Galaxy Note 2 is 5.5 inches. Apple’s iPhone 5 is 4 inches.
AT&T Inc. says it will start selling it Friday for $150 with a two-year service contract. It’s also coming to Sprint and U.S. Cellular.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Mosquito Season Begins In Dallas County
- Kentucky Likely To Continue Record-Breaking TV Numbers
- Texas Lawmakers Delay Debate On In-State Tuition Law Repeal
- Further Proof That A ‘Romo Curse’ Doesn’t Exist
- RadioShack Creditor Won’t Offer New Bid