HOUSTON (AP) – Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius is scheduled to make a major announcement regarding the Affordable Care Act in Houston.
Sebelius is returning to Texas on Monday for a second time this month to promote the national health care overhaul.
Republican leaders in Texas have refused to cooperate with the mandatory expansion of health care coverage. Gov. Rick Perry rejected federal funding to add 1 million uninsured working poor people to Medicaid. His administration has also refused to set up a Texas-specific health care exchange to help people buy health insurance and determine if they are eligible for a subsidy.
Sebelius will speak at a training event in Houston designed to help inform and insure young, healthy people who currently don’t have health coverage.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Developing: North Korea Missile May Have Landed Off Japan’s Coast
- Downtown Plano Added To Prestigious List Of Historical Places
- Speaker Ryan `Frustrated’ By Senate Health Vote
- Starbucks To Shutter All Teavana Stores
- Apple Discontinues iPod Nano & iPod Shuffle