ARLINGTON (AP) — The Texas Rangers are putting right-hander Alexi Ogando on the disabled list for the third time this season.
Texas made the move before Tuesday night’s game, three days after Ogando (5-4) had an injection because of an inflamed nerve in his right shoulder. The DL stint is retroactive to Aug. 14, the day after Ogando’s last start.
Left-hander Travis Blackley was selected from Triple-A Round Rock to take Ogando’s spot in the rotation against Houston. Blackley had been at Round Rock since being acquired from Houston in a trade last week.
Ogando missed three weeks earlier this season because of right biceps tendinitis, then made only one start — on June 5 — before going back on the DL due to right shoulder inflammation.
© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Diesel Fuel Theft Ring Disrupted In North And East Texas
- Iowa State Heads To Texas Tech After Consecutive Big 12 Wins
- McKinney Man Sentenced To Life For Sexual Abuse Of A Child
- West Virginia Looking To Beat Baylor In Waco For First Time
- Talented Underclassman Running Backs Fuel Big 12 Attacks