Texas DPS Increases Patrols For Labor Day
Get Breaking News First
AUSTIN (AP) - Texas troopers have increased their patrols in an effort to halt DWI-related crashes as drivers prepare for the long Labor Day holiday weekend.
The Texas Department of Public Safety says the additional patrols that began this week will run through Sept. 9. Labor Day is Monday, Sept. 2.
The enhanced patrols targeting possibly impaired drivers are funded through a grant from the Texas Department of Transportation.
DPS troopers during last year’s Labor Day enforcement period made nearly 1,900 driving while intoxicated arrests. Investigators believe at least 500 of those arrests were due to increased patrols.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- First 48 People Come Off Ebola Watch List
- Playoff Pinch Hits: James Shields-Wil Myers Trade A Success For Royals
- Cruise Ship Docks With Ebola-Watched Health Worker
- Cowboys Fans Provide True Homefield Advantage
- Cowboys ‘FishTips’ Lead To Pounding Of Giants