Texas DPS Increases Patrols For Labor Day
AUSTIN (AP) - Texas troopers have increased their patrols in an effort to halt DWI-related crashes as drivers prepare for the long Labor Day holiday weekend.
The Texas Department of Public Safety says the additional patrols that began this week will run through Sept. 9. Labor Day is Monday, Sept. 2.
The enhanced patrols targeting possibly impaired drivers are funded through a grant from the Texas Department of Transportation.
DPS troopers during last year’s Labor Day enforcement period made nearly 1,900 driving while intoxicated arrests. Investigators believe at least 500 of those arrests were due to increased patrols.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Cowboys’ Dez Bryant Mentioned In 2011 Police Report
- $137 Million Plan Would Improve Nine DISD Schools
- Denton Police Debut Craigslist Safe Meeting Place
- Former Fort Worth Mortuary Owner In Court
- It’s Not Too Early To Head Off Migratory Birds