DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – You may not think there’s a lot going on at Valley View Center, let me introduce you to the new Dallas arts scene.
Valley View Center at Dallas Midtown has turned from a shopping mall to a masterpiece, thanks to the Beck Family. With a vision to give back to the art community, Scott Beck opened Gallery At Midtown and Artist Studios inside Valley View Center.
Douglas and KiKi Winters were the first artists to open their art gallery last year and now are the directors of the project. “This gives artists a starting point and be able to grow their business and move forward.”
Gallery At Midtown showcases art from several artists, others own their own galleries. There are a total of 100 artists, from the emerging to the well known.
Steve Tate has shown his art in some of the best galleries in Dallas, now he’s happy to have his own gallery and share his art with others. Buy why did he choose Gallery At Midtown? “At first I think I had some reservations, then I saw the quality of artists that were coming in here and then I thought if you’re a customer you can come here, you can shop, eat then go explore the galleries and see a show right under the same roof. What else could you want? It’s perfect.”
Each month they host an art walk where you can meet all the artists, but you don’t have to wait until then.
- Even In The Amazon Era, Black Friday Shows Stores Are Alive
- College Basketball Games To Watch: Top Teams Battle It Out In Oregon
- No. 10 TCU Gets Big 12 Title Shot With 45-22 Win Over Baylor
- Suspect Charged In Texas Trooper’s On-Duty Shooting Death
- Cyntoia Brown Case: Celebrities Support Teen Killer, Highlight Sex Trafficking Abuse