WASHINGTON (AP) — Vice President Joe Biden has canceled an event Thursday in Rhode Island to remain in Houston while his son is being evaluated at a Texas cancer center.
Biden was scheduled to headline a fundraiser for the Democratic National Committee at the home of Alison and Bill Vareika. Alison Vareika says the event has been called off.
The White House hasn’t said whether Biden’s other events this week have also been canceled. Biden was to attend a fundraiser in New Hampshire and an event at Salve Regina University in Rhode Island Thursday, and join President Barack Obama in Pennsylvania at a Friday event. Salve Regina University says the event there may also be canceled.
Biden’s son, Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden, felt weak and disoriented last week and was admitted to a Chicago-area hospital. He returned home but traveled a few days later to Houston for testing at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. The vice president accompanied his son to Houston on Monday and has remained with him in Texas.
The younger Biden, 44, also suffered a mild stroke in 2010.
- Dallas Zoo Hippo Loses Calf After Giving Birth
- School Walkouts, Sit-Ins Planned After Florida Shooting
- Man Rescued After Driving Into Construction Hole In Irving
- Home Burglary Suspect Keeps Dallas Neighborhood On Edge
- Business Owner Says Square Holding More Than $7,000 Of His Money