DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Imagine being carjacked, frightened and ultimately tossed to the ground. That was the terrifying circumstances that happened near Pecan Grove Park in Oak Cliff and tonight has an elderly woman recovering in a North Texas hospital.
The driver of the car had just stopped at an ACE Cash Express location.
Police say the woman left her 73-year-old relative, Doshia Armstrong, in the car while she ran inside. The vehicle was parked right outside the building, in a handicap spot.
Officers say when the woman walked back outside she saw a man driving away in the car, with Armstrong still inside.
Things went from bad to worse when police say the carjacker drove about two blocks, pulled over at a shopping center and threw Armstrong from the car, onto the ground. Officers found her there.
Officers would only confirm that the elderly woman was injured and would not elaborate.
Now investigators are searching for surveillance video to try and figure out if their still on the run thief arrived at the check cashing location in another car or if he was in the area before the attack.
- North Texas Congressman Reacts To KRLD Investigation Into Security Lapse At DFW Airport
- State Fair Food: Think Bacon Egg Rolls, Edible Cola, Fried Jell-O
- Clinton’s Pledge: Steady Hand At ‘Moment Of Reckoning’
- Young TCU Baseball Fan And Honorary Horned Frog Dies Of Cancer
- Frisco Residents Petition Against Proposed Electric Substation