WACO (AP) – Frank Broyles, the former Arkansas football coach and longtime athletic director, is being inducted into the reinitiated Southwest Conference Hall of Fame.
The first SWC class since 1995, the year of that league’s last football season, includes an inductee from each of the nine schools that made up the SWC. The induction ceremony is Oct. 28 in Dallas.
The SWC Hall of Fame is housed at the Texas Sports Hall of Fame in Waco.
The other inductees are basketball and baseball player Jay Arnette from Texas, Texas A&M softball coach Bob Brock, Texas Tech basketball player Rick Bullock, Rice running back Trevor Cobb, Baylor basketball and baseball standout Jerry Mallett, SMU basketball star Gene Phillips, Houston track and field coach Tom Tellez and former TCU athletic director and coach Frank Windegger.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Oak Cliff Library Checks Out More Than Books
- North Texas Woman Gets $55,000 Hotel Bill For ‘Unspecified Damages’
- Promising Wonder Pill Adds Years To Dog’s Life
- Rangers To Retire Uniform Number Of Ivan ‘Pudge’ Rodriguez
- President Trump Signs First Executive Order Regarding Obamacare