Broyles In 1st SWC HOF Class Since 1995
Sports Fan Insider
WACO (AP) - Frank Broyles, the former Arkansas football coach and longtime athletic director, is being inducted into the reinitiated Southwest Conference Hall of Fame.
The first SWC class since 1995, the year of that league’s last football season, includes an inductee from each of the nine schools that made up the SWC. The induction ceremony is Oct. 28 in Dallas.
The SWC Hall of Fame is housed at the Texas Sports Hall of Fame in Waco.
The other inductees are basketball and baseball player Jay Arnette from Texas, Texas A&M softball coach Bob Brock, Texas Tech basketball player Rick Bullock, Rice running back Trevor Cobb, Baylor basketball and baseball standout Jerry Mallett, SMU basketball star Gene Phillips, Houston track and field coach Tom Tellez and former TCU athletic director and coach Frank Windegger.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Babe’s Saturday Morning Cowboys Training Camp Report
- 1-on-1 With Dez: A ‘Hyperactive Kid’ Grows Up
- John Wiley Price Supporters Speak Out For “Our Man Downtown”
- Dashcam Captures Dallas County Sheriff Deputy’s Close Call
- Artificial Lawn Popularity Grows During Drought