WACO (AP) – Frank Broyles, the former Arkansas football coach and longtime athletic director, is being inducted into the reinitiated Southwest Conference Hall of Fame.
The first SWC class since 1995, the year of that league’s last football season, includes an inductee from each of the nine schools that made up the SWC. The induction ceremony is Oct. 28 in Dallas.
The SWC Hall of Fame is housed at the Texas Sports Hall of Fame in Waco.
The other inductees are basketball and baseball player Jay Arnette from Texas, Texas A&M softball coach Bob Brock, Texas Tech basketball player Rick Bullock, Rice running back Trevor Cobb, Baylor basketball and baseball standout Jerry Mallett, SMU basketball star Gene Phillips, Houston track and field coach Tom Tellez and former TCU athletic director and coach Frank Windegger.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 3 DISD Schools Named For Confederate Generals To Be Renamed
- Plumbing Company Owner On Employee Killed On Job: ‘He Was Like A Son To Me’
- Star Wars Fans Gather To Watch Debut Of Latest Installment
- Texas AG Aide Out After Social Media Post Disparaging ‘Pathetic’ Women
- Local Restaurant Served Firefighter Prior To Fatal Crash