WACO (AP) – Frank Broyles, the former Arkansas football coach and longtime athletic director, is being inducted into the reinitiated Southwest Conference Hall of Fame.
The first SWC class since 1995, the year of that league’s last football season, includes an inductee from each of the nine schools that made up the SWC. The induction ceremony is Oct. 28 in Dallas.
The SWC Hall of Fame is housed at the Texas Sports Hall of Fame in Waco.
The other inductees are basketball and baseball player Jay Arnette from Texas, Texas A&M softball coach Bob Brock, Texas Tech basketball player Rick Bullock, Rice running back Trevor Cobb, Baylor basketball and baseball standout Jerry Mallett, SMU basketball star Gene Phillips, Houston track and field coach Tom Tellez and former TCU athletic director and coach Frank Windegger.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Can Companies Train Employees To Survive Workplace Shootings?
- Arizona Crash Marks 1st Death Involving Fully Autonomous Vehicle
- Supreme Court Takes Up Challenge By Crisis Pregnancy Centers
- Teacher Allegedly Leaves 4-Year-Old Alone To Buy Marijuana
- Package Headed For Austin Explodes At FedEx Facility Near San Antonio