CROSBY (AP) — A six-year-old boy is credited with helping save a toddler who nearly drowned at a Houston-area marina.
The Harris County Sheriff’s Department says a 1-year-old boy on Saturday fell off a floating raft at the marina in Crosby, a town about 20 miles northeast of Houston.
Six-year-old K’Xavier McCullough told reporters that he saw the child floating in the water, picked him up and “brought him to the surface.”
After the toddler was brought to shore, a man performed CPR on the boy, who was later taken to a Houston hospital.
Officials say the toddler is expected to survive.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police Arrest Suspect In DeSoto Man’s Murder
- Big Rig Fire Shuts Down Highway In Waxahachie
- Dallas Office Building Evacuated After Report Of Shooting
- Always Be Looking For Fast Starters In Fantasy Baseball’s First Month
- Sean Hannity Calls Sexual Harassment Accusation ‘100% False’