GRAPEVINE (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – An upgraded payment system for drivers leaving Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport has been delayed due to problems rolling in the new method.
The new automated parking control system had been scheduled to begin Monday, but now airport spokesperson David Magana says it will be delayed by a week or two. Until then the existing system will continue without any loss to service and customers should not notice any changes.
The new system will be completely automated at entry and will feature more traffic lanes. Drivers will be able to quickly process their own transactions with a North Texas Toll Authority TollTag or a credit card as they exit.
According to Magana, the system could not launch as expected Monday morning because the NTTA system, credit card system and electronic gate system were not all “talking” to each other.
Although the system is working perfectly now, the launch is being delayed to determine what caused the earlier issues, Magana said.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Lessons In Life For Middle School Boys At Dallas Conference
- Disappointed Cowboys Fans Feel Good About Future
- Garrett Wants The Best For Tony Romo, Declines To Name A Starting QB
- Facebook Founder Visits Dallas, Joins Community Service Effort
- Masked Men Attack Theater Director Outside Target With Pipe