FLOWER MOUND (CBSDFW.COM) – Police arrested a 22-year-old Lewisville man suspected of stealing painkillers from a drug store in Flower Mound on Sunday morning. The incident happened shortly after 7:00 a.m. at a Walgreens store in the 2000 block of Long Prairie Road.
According to witnesses, the suspect approached the store’s pharmacy counter, showed off a handgun and demanded oxycodone and other drugs. Employees behind the pharmacy counter complied with the suspect’s demands, and he fled the drug store with three bottles of pills. However, a witness was able to get the suspect’s license plate number.
Police in Flower Mound and Lewisville worked together to identify the suspect as 22-year-old Daniel Khan. Officers located his vehicle in the 2800 block of Vista View Drive in Lewisville and, when he tried to leave his home, arrested him without incident.
Similar crimes have taken place recently at Walgreens stores in Dallas, Arlington and Fort Worth. Just last week, authorities were finally able to track down a suspect in at least one of those cases. That suspect was also located through tips offered by the public.
- American Airlines Paying $200 Million For Stake In China Southern
- Texan Pleads Guilty To Claiming Rigged Wisconsin Jackpot
- Music Teacher Says Jam Sessions Help Kids Graduate
- Mother Shot And Killed Trying To Sell Gaming Console
- Little Elm Residents Still Reeling From Hail Storms