Mike Tyson Says He’s On “Verge Of Dying”
VERONA, N.Y. (CBS SPORTS) – Mike Tyson, just days removed from introducing his newest venture as a boxing promoter under the label, “Iron Mike Productions,” admitted Friday night that he was on the “verge of dying” because of his constant struggles with substance abuse.
“I’m on the verge of dying because I’m a vicious alcoholic,” Tyson said on ESPN’s Friday Night Fights, following the debut of his first promotional fight card at the Turning Stone Resort and Casino in Verona, New York.
“I’m a bad guy sometimes. I did a lot of bad things and I want to be forgiven,” Tyson said in the context of apologizing to his former trainer Teddy Atlas. The two had suffered from a long-standing falling out in the 1980s, but evidently, Tyson wanted to repent.
- Woman Takes Dramatic Picture Of North Texas Weather
- North Texans Come From Miles Around To Help Tornado Victims
- Single Mom Fired Before First Day Over Facebook Post
- Your Health & The Reusable Grocery Bag Trap
- Nowitzki Still Working With Mavs In Trouble Against Rockets