Mike Tyson Says He’s On “Verge Of Dying”
VERONA, N.Y. (CBS SPORTS) - Mike Tyson, just days removed from introducing his newest venture as a boxing promoter under the label, “Iron Mike Productions,” admitted Friday night that he was on the “verge of dying” because of his constant struggles with substance abuse.
“I’m on the verge of dying because I’m a vicious alcoholic,” Tyson said on ESPN’s Friday Night Fights, following the debut of his first promotional fight card at the Turning Stone Resort and Casino in Verona, New York.
“I’m a bad guy sometimes. I did a lot of bad things and I want to be forgiven,” Tyson said in the context of apologizing to his former trainer Teddy Atlas. The two had suffered from a long-standing falling out in the 1980s, but evidently, Tyson wanted to repent.
- 2.6 Mag Earthquake Rattles Irving Wednesday Afternoon
- Sony Pictures Cancels Release Of ‘The Interview’ Amid Terrorist Threats
- Southwest Bag Workers Picketing Over Flight Delays
- Eric Williams Sentenced To Death; Shows No Emotion
- VOTE: What’s Trending Top Topics Of 2014