Murray Bounces Back From Benching Over Fumble
IRVING (AP) – DeMarco Murray says it was frustrating to get benched after a fumble early in a preseason game against Cincinnati.
The Dallas Cowboys running back didn’t pout, though. And he definitely got the message in a 24-18 victory against the Bengals on Saturday.
Murray had 45 rushing yards and a 7-yard scoring catch in one drive after sitting three straight series. He had to watch for a quarter and a half because he fumbled inside the Dallas 10 the second time he touched the ball. Teammate Jermey Parnell recovered.
Murray said Monday it was “definitely” a good message from coach Jason Garrett, who says fumbles in the running game “can’t happen.”
The starters aren’t likely to play Thursday night when the Cowboys finish the preseason at home against Houston.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- $3 Million Grand Prairie Park & Ride Lot Sits Empty
- New Bus Services From Dallas To Houston Promises To ‘Luxurious’
- Moustakas Hits Grand Slam In Royals’ Victory Over Rangers
- Mother: Salesperson Shamed Me For Allowing Daughter To Wear Boy Clothes
- Newly Released Video Shows Fort Worth Officer Involved Shooting