Murray Bounces Back From Benching Over Fumble
Cowboys CentralShop for Cowboys Gear
Buy Cowboys Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
IRVING (AP) – DeMarco Murray says it was frustrating to get benched after a fumble early in a preseason game against Cincinnati.
The Dallas Cowboys running back didn’t pout, though. And he definitely got the message in a 24-18 victory against the Bengals on Saturday.
Murray had 45 rushing yards and a 7-yard scoring catch in one drive after sitting three straight series. He had to watch for a quarter and a half because he fumbled inside the Dallas 10 the second time he touched the ball. Teammate Jermey Parnell recovered.
Murray said Monday it was “definitely” a good message from coach Jason Garrett, who says fumbles in the running game “can’t happen.”
The starters aren’t likely to play Thursday night when the Cowboys finish the preseason at home against Houston.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lung Donation Recipient Meets Donor Family
- Snowden, Assange Top Bill At SXSW Tech Gathering
- Keidel: NBA Needs To Raise Age Restriction
- Roll Over Wreck In Terrell Kills One Injures Another
- Attorneys For Navy Sniper Accused Killer Want Confession Video Thrown Out