AUSTIN (AP) – House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi is visiting Austin to speak about what she calls a new economic agenda for women.
The former Speaker of the House was expected to speak Monday at the Eastview Campus of Austin Community College.
Austin Mayor Pro Tem Sheryl Cole is also expected to address the audience for Women’s Equality Day, the anniversary of the 19th amendment which gave women the right to vote.
Pelosi is promoting efforts to guarantee equal pay for equal work, work and family balance, and access to affordable child care.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Mosquito Season Returns With Zika Concerns
- Texas Waives Passing Rules, Fines Firm After Standardized Testing Glitches
- Former Dallas Cowboy Drew Pearson To Appear On ‘The Young And The Restless’
- Barefoot Inmate Who Escaped From County Van Captured
- Agency: Texas Chemical Plant Lacked Plan For Harvey Floods