AUSTIN (AP) – House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi is visiting Austin to speak about what she calls a new economic agenda for women.
The former Speaker of the House was expected to speak Monday at the Eastview Campus of Austin Community College.
Austin Mayor Pro Tem Sheryl Cole is also expected to address the audience for Women’s Equality Day, the anniversary of the 19th amendment which gave women the right to vote.
Pelosi is promoting efforts to guarantee equal pay for equal work, work and family balance, and access to affordable child care.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ohio Zoo Kills Gorilla To Protect Child In Enclosure
- Spieth Third-Round Leader At Colonial
- Boy Swept Away In Brazos River, Water Rescue Underway
- Four Dead, Two Missing After Heavy Rains In Texas, Kansas
- Pelicans Guard Bryce Dejean-Jones Dies From Gunshot Wound