QB Trevor Knight Gets Nod To Start For Sooners
Sports Fan Insider
NORMAN, Okla. (AP) - Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops says it was consistency in practice that won Trevor Knight the job as the Sooners’ starting quarterback.
The redshirt freshman will take his first game snaps for No. 16 Oklahoma when the Sooners host Louisiana-Monroe on Saturday.
Knight beat out junior Blake Bell for the starting job.
Stoops recalled how Knight first impressed coaches while serving last season as the scout-team quarterback, simulating the offenses that the Sooners’ defense would face each week. Stoops says Knight’s consistency carried over into spring practice and then into preseason practice.
Stoops says Oklahoma still plans to use Bell in the run-oriented “Belldozer” package but wouldn’t say how much action Bell might otherwise see during games.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas, Indiana Police Retrace Suspected Serial Killer’s Steps
- Gov. Perry Announces North Texas Ebola Treatment Facility
- Mavs Request Waivers On Griffin, Togashi
- Cleburne Mayor Taking Dog Shooting Seriously
- 20 Middle School Students Stung By Bees In Fort Worth