Rare Blue-Eyed Turtle Moving To Children’s Aquarium
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Parents will have the opportunity to show their children a rare, blue-eyed turtle named MJ at the Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park.
The 168-pound, 3 1/2 foot-long loggerhead turtle moves into her new tank with the zebra sharks tomorrow.
MJ is from South Padre Island and is a member of an endangered species.
Loggerhead sea turtles are found in the Atlantic, Pacific, and Indian Oceans, as well as the Mediterranean Sea. The gentle giants are the world’s largest hard-shelled turtle.
The Children’s Aquarium is located at 1462 1st Ave in Dallas.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Spurs & Leonard Close To 5-Year Deal
- Jennifer Garner & Ben Affleck Getting Divorce
- A Closer Look At Bush’s Tax Returns
- Christie Makes Pragmatic Pitch To Voters
- Big Names, Big Teams In Pursuit As NBA Free Agency Opens