IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) — The Dallas Cowboys made a series of cuts and roster adjustments on Tuesday to trim the active roster to the league mandated maximum of 75.
Most notably, Pro Bowl defensive tackle Jay Ratliff was placed on the IR/PUP (Physically Unable to Perform) list. Ratliff, who has been recovering from a hamstring injury, will be eligible to return after week six.
Defensive end Tyrone Crawford and guard Ryan Cook, who were both lost to season-ending injuries earlier in training camp, were placed on injured reserve.
The team released kicker Brett Maher, quarterback Nick Stephens, wide receivers Anthony Amos, Eric Rogers and Jared Green, tight end Colin Cochart, guard Dennis Godfrey, cornerback Brandon Underwood and linebacker Deon Lacey.
The team must make additional roster moves by Saturday evening to reduce the roster to regular season maximum of 53.
The Cowboys enter Thursday’s preseason final against the Texans with three quarterbacks on the roster: Tony Romo, Kyle Orton, and Alex Tanney.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Showtime Boxing Announces Deontay Wilder vs. Luis Ortiz Heavyweight Title Fight Set For November 4th
- Thursday Night Football Breakdown: Rams And 49ers Look To Rebound From Losses
- Dallas, Houston, Philly Join “Overwatch” eSports League
- 2017 College Football Week 4 Games To Watch: TCU-Oklahoma State, Battle Of Bulldogs In Athens
- Kahne Staying In NASCAR With Leavine In 2018