Cowboys Looking To Break 8-8 Rut, Playoff Drought
ARLINGTON (AP) — The Dallas Cowboys are talking urgency and accountability as they try to end a three-year playoff drought.
Tony Romo showed it by slamming his helmet on a cart during an embarrassing flurry of turnovers in Arizona. Dez Bryant has been acting like every play counts since the first snap of training camp.
Coach Jason Garrett benched running back DeMarco Murray after a fumble that wasn’t even a turnover because a teammate recovered it.
The past two seasons for Dallas have ended with a loss to an NFC East rival with a playoff berth on the line. The Cowboys open the season Sept. 8 against the New York Giants.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Notre Dame’s Zaire Seeks To Stay Calm Vs Texas Longhorns
- Ring Announcer Jimmy Lennon Jr.: ‘If Floyd Underestimates Berto, He Could Be In Trouble’
- Top 5 Wildest Sports Callers Of The Week: August 31st-September 4th
- Floyd Mayweather: “What I’ll Miss Most Is All The Jealous Haters”
- Choppy’s ‘Degenerate’ College Football Picks – Week 1