ARLINGTON (AP) — The Dallas Cowboys are talking urgency and accountability as they try to end a three-year playoff drought.
Tony Romo showed it by slamming his helmet on a cart during an embarrassing flurry of turnovers in Arizona. Dez Bryant has been acting like every play counts since the first snap of training camp.
Coach Jason Garrett benched running back DeMarco Murray after a fumble that wasn’t even a turnover because a teammate recovered it.
The past two seasons for Dallas have ended with a loss to an NFC East rival with a playoff berth on the line. The Cowboys open the season Sept. 8 against the New York Giants.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- The Baseball Report: Manaea Records First No-Hitter Of Season
- Colonial Gets New PGA Tour Title Sponsor With Charles Schwab
- Anthony Davis Leading Pelicans On Path To NBA Small-Market Success
- Injuries To Key Players Put TCU’s Baseball Season On Brink
- Fever Prevents Gronkowski (The Horse) From Running In Kentucky Derby