CORNELIUS, N.C. (AP) – An MRI has confirmed that Martin Truex Jr. fractured his right wrist in a wreck during Saturday night’s race at Bristol.
Michael Waltrip Racing said Tuesday that that Truex has a scaphoid fracture and sprain. He’s been fitted with a special cast that allows him to grip the steering wheel and he is expected to finish the season after being cleared by NASCAR.
Truex currently holds the first wild card position with two races to go to set the 12-driver field for the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship.
MWR said it has not yet determined if a stand-by driver is needed for this weekend’s race in Atlanta.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bono Gets New George W. Bush Medal For Leadership
- Grandmother Linked To Murder Of Husband, Woman Caught In Texas
- Senate Confirms Non-Scientist As NASA’s New Administrator
- Pacino, De Palma Remember ‘Scarface’ At Tribeca Reunion
- Arizona Teachers Vote For Statewide Walkout To Protest Pay