COLLIN COUNTY (CBS 11 NEWS) – Plano police tell CBS 11 News that more victims have come forward with accusations against gymnastics coach Lyndsey Cox, who’s had several photos online of him posing with children. But they wouldn’t tell us exactly how many.
For now, Cox is charged with one count of attempted online solicitation with the intent of having sex with a teenage boy.
Police first arrested Cox near Collin Creek Mall in Plano last month.
Authorities say Cox believed a 14-year-old boy he used to coach was going to meet him so they could head to a nearby hotel for sex.
Police say the teenaged boy’s mother called them after checking her son’s Facebook page and finding messages from Cox.
An arrest warrant says Cox told the boy, “When you turned 18 I would steal you away for forever,” and also said, “I want to lock you in my car.”
According to officials, Cox and the boy also exchanged explicit photos over their phones.
Cox declined a CBS 11 request for an interview. His defense attorney didn’t return our phone call.
If convicted on the one charge, Cox faces a minimum penalty of 10 years in federal prison and a maximum penalty of life behind bars.
- Weinstein Co. Fires President After Suit Alleges Inaction
- Drake Touts Giveaways, Urges Fans To Do Something Nice, Too
- Pediatric Trauma Surgeon Fed Up With Treating Children For Gun Wounds
- Police Seek Man Who Sexually Assaulted Woman At Oak Cliff Park
- Police: Child Reported Kidnapped Actually A Runaway