AUSTIN (AP) — Texas senior defensive tackle Ashton Dorsey, a part-time starter last season, will transfer.
The Longhorns coach Mack Brown announced the move in a short statement Tuesday but did not say where Dorsey would go. Dorsey has struggled with a calf injury in training camp and was not listed on the depth chart released Monday for this week’s season-opener against New Mexico State.
Dorsey played in nine games for the No. 15 Longhorns last season and started two. He ranked third on the team in tackles for loss with 10. His absence has pushed freshman Hassan Ridgeway and Alex Norman into the top backup roles behind starter Malcom Brown.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Shippy & Luds: In The 5 Hole: Jiri Hudler Signing
- Keidel: Tim Tebow Wants To Play Baseball… Why Do We Care So Much?
- Rangers Pitcher Jeremy Jeffress Arrested For Alleged DWI
- Rio Police Charge Swimmer Lochte For Making False Report
- Report: Cowboys Rookie Zeke Elliott Browsed At Seattle Pot Shop Before Game