AUSTIN (AP) — Texas senior defensive tackle Ashton Dorsey, a part-time starter last season, will transfer.
The Longhorns coach Mack Brown announced the move in a short statement Tuesday but did not say where Dorsey would go. Dorsey has struggled with a calf injury in training camp and was not listed on the depth chart released Monday for this week’s season-opener against New Mexico State.
Dorsey played in nine games for the No. 15 Longhorns last season and started two. He ranked third on the team in tackles for loss with 10. His absence has pushed freshman Hassan Ridgeway and Alex Norman into the top backup roles behind starter Malcom Brown.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Patterson 202 Games At TCU, Snyder Seeks 201st K-State Win
- Chris Arnold Stories: NBA Legends Ballin’ In Roger Staubach’s Backyard
- Rolando McClain Suspended Indefinitely For Violating NFL’s Substance Abuse Policy
- Keidel: Why The Cowboys’ Win Streak Continues
- Are The Cowboys Canada’s Team? Jerry Jones Says So