LAKE WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – At least three medical helicopters were sent to the scene of a car fire in Lake Worth.
MedStar officials say five patients, 4 males and 1 female, had to be taken to Parkland Hospital in Dallas. Four of those five were transported via helicopter.
Officials say all of the injured were seriously burned when the car burst into flames, some over 40 to 50-percent of their bodies.
Only one vehicle was ablaze on NW Loop 820 and Azle Avenue. It isn’t known if the vehicle crashed and then caught fire. A witness told a CBS 11 News crew that they saw the interior of the car burst into flames.
The Lake Worth Fire Department was first on the scene and the Fort Worth Fire Department assisted.
Officials have not released the identities or ages of those in the car at the time of the crash.
- Weather Stops Balloon Launches Then Suspends Festival In Plano
- Convicted Rapist Uses Fundraiser To Help Rape Victims
- North Texas Sneaks By Rice 42-35 In 2OT
- No. 6 Houston Routs Texas State 64-3
- Police: Washington Mall Shooting Suspect In Custody