LAKE WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – At least three medical helicopters were sent to the scene of a car fire in Lake Worth.
MedStar officials say five patients, 4 males and 1 female, had to be taken to Parkland Hospital in Dallas. Four of those five were transported via helicopter.
Officials say all of the injured were seriously burned when the car burst into flames, some over 40 to 50-percent of their bodies.
Only one vehicle was ablaze on NW Loop 820 and Azle Avenue. It isn’t known if the vehicle crashed and then caught fire. A witness told a CBS 11 News crew that they saw the interior of the car burst into flames.
The Lake Worth Fire Department was first on the scene and the Fort Worth Fire Department assisted.
Officials have not released the identities or ages of those in the car at the time of the crash.
- Highland Park School Officials Apologize After Author Heckled
- UT Arlington Beats Troy For Share Of Sun Belt Title
- Plan For Muslim Cemetery Closer To Approval In Collin County
- Questions Remain After Dallas Woman Found Dead Inside Deputy’s Home
- Frisco Students Turn Trash Into Musical Treasures