5 Seriously Burned In Lake Worth Car Fire
LAKE WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – At least three medical helicopters were sent to the scene of a car fire in Lake Worth.
MedStar officials say five patients, 4 males and 1 female, had to be taken to Parkland Hospital in Dallas. Four of those five were transported via helicopter.
Officials say all of the injured were seriously burned when the car burst into flames, some over 40 to 50-percent of their bodies.
Only one vehicle was ablaze on NW Loop 820 and Azle Avenue. It isn’t known if the vehicle crashed and then caught fire. A witness told a CBS 11 News crew that they saw the interior of the car burst into flames.
The Lake Worth Fire Department was first on the scene and the Fort Worth Fire Department assisted.
Officials have not released the identities or ages of those in the car at the time of the crash.
- NFL Listen Live Week 12: NY Giants vs Dallas Cowboys
- Ex-State Senator, UT Vice Chancellor Farabee Dies
- 11 Indicted In Dallas-Area Drug Ring, Ties To Jail
- Plano Father Killed In Bizarre Drunk Driving Accident
- Irving Man Arrested For Stepson’s Death