DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – MegaFest, the largest spiritual festival in the nation, kicks off in Dallas on Thursday. More than 50,000 people are expected to attend the event. There’s an impressive list of guests that will attend as well — from Oprah to Jennifer Hudson.
“Over the next few days, Dallas, we are going to have a ball in this city from Oprah having her own event, her life class will kick off the event tomorrow morning…to the last hoorah on Saturday evening when we have the women of purpose concert and everything in between,” said Bishop T.D. Jakes.
MegaFest will include empowerment sessions, spiritual and inspirational speakers like Joel Osteen, plus a faith and family film festival.
Events will be held at the Dallas Convention Center and the American Airlines Center.
- Hotel Scheme Hooks Scholars From Around The World
- Cowtown Distillery First In Fort Worth To Make Bourbon
- T.J. Miller Arrested After Alleged Argument With Cab Driver
- Technology Alerts Oak Cliff Homeowner To Armed Intruder
- 9 Suburban Dallas Officers Fired For Falsifying Reports