TULSA, Okla. (CBS DFW) — A chapel service involving a bald eagle did not go as planned last week at Oral Roberts University. The beloved bird was released in the chapel to fly over the crowd during a special spirit day chapel service, according to the Tulsa World.
After the bird was released to fly to its handler, it instead circled the chapel to chants of “USA” before flying straight into a window. Students screamed and gasped as it smacked into the glass and fell to the ground.
Video of the crash has since gone viral.
Fortunately, the bird was said to be OK and eventually returned onto the stage with its trainer.
- Texas School Shooting Victim Family Sues Attacker’s Parents
- After 3 Roundtable Discussions On School Safety, What’s Next For Texas?
- Student Says Science Teacher Tackled Indiana School Shooter
- Kid-Friendly Day Trips From The DFW Area
- DART Motorcycle Officer Struck By Car In Downtown