TULSA, Okla. (CBS DFW) — A chapel service involving a bald eagle did not go as planned last week at Oral Roberts University. The beloved bird was released in the chapel to fly over the crowd during a special spirit day chapel service, according to the Tulsa World.
After the bird was released to fly to its handler, it instead circled the chapel to chants of “USA” before flying straight into a window. Students screamed and gasped as it smacked into the glass and fell to the ground.
Video of the crash has since gone viral.
Fortunately, the bird was said to be OK and eventually returned onto the stage with its trainer.
- Weather Stops Balloon Launches Then Suspends Festival In Plano
- Convicted Rapist Uses Fundraiser To Help Rape Victims
- North Texas Sneaks By Rice 42-35 In 2OT
- No. 6 Houston Routs Texas State 64-3
- Police: Washington Mall Shooting Suspect In Custody