FORT WORTH (AP) – A North Texas transit authority will offer free bus rides for a day on some routes in exchange for a can or box of food meant to help the needy.
The Fort Worth Transportation Authority says riders on Thursday can donate a food item and hop on buses for free. It’s the latest effort by The T to support the Tarrant Area Food Bank.
The deal applies to any of The T’s regular or express buses in Fort Worth or Richland Hills.
Officials say one can or box of food may be redeemed for a single, one-way bus ride. Two food items will earn a free local day pass for unlimited bus rides. The T bus headboards will scroll “Ride for a Can” starting Thursday morning.
The program is not valid for mobility impaired services or Trinity Railway Express trips.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fallen Marine’s Friend Pays Tribute: ‘He Meant Everything To Me’
- Couple’s Destination Wedding Cancelled By Resort
- Hundreds Testify About Bathroom Privacy Bills At Capitol
- DISD Creating Its Own Hall Of Fame
- Affidavit Details Relationship Between Council Member And 15-Year-Old Girl