NASCAR Driver Labonte Breaks Ribs In Bike Accident
TRINITY, N.C. (AP) – Bobby Labonte broke three ribs in a bike riding accident Wednesday near his North Carolina home and will miss this weekend’s NASCAR race in Atlanta.
A spokesman for the driver said Labonte was taken to a hospital by ambulance and will be held overnight for observation.
Labonte was scheduled to drive the No. 51 Chevrolet for Phoenix Racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway. He’ll be replaced in the car by Mike Bliss.
Labonte’s consecutive starts streak came to an end earlier this season at 704 races when JTG Daugherty Racing used AJ Allmendinger at Kentucky in June instead of Labonte.
The 2000 NASCAR champion had not missed a start since he began racing full-time in the Cup Series in 1993. He’s won 21 races Cup races.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Beltre Leaves Game 1 Of ALDS With Apparent Back Injury
- Gas Prices Across Texas Go Up By A Penny
- Lieutenant Governor Wants Texas Lawmakers To Focus On Religious Liberty
- DPD Officer At Donut Shop Witnesses Robbery, Catches 1 Suspect
- Martin Perez To Start Game 3 For Texas Rangers